Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is often touted as a low carb alternative to mashed potato, but it’s actually a delicious side dish in its own right.
- Remove all the leaves and then wash and thoroughly dry your cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Steam the cauliflower in plenty of lightly salted water for around 5-8 minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a somewhat firm texture.
- Strain the cauliflower in a colander and discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor (or stick blender) along with 2 tablespoons of ricotta or cottage cheese and pulse until desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. You can also add in extra spices such as garlic salt and onion powder.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley or chives on top before serving. Bon appetit!