A different variation to a popular breakfast. There are so many ways you can adapt this recipe with different vegetables Add some finely chopped baby spinach under the egg or a little smashed avocado.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 free-range eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Peel the portobello mushroom caps “skin” so they are no longer dirty and remove stems.
- Place on lined baking tray with stem side up.
- Carefully crack egg into each mushroom cup and bake for 15-20 minutes until egg is set.
- Plate up and season with fresh chopped herbs and salt and pepper.
2 Egg Cups are one serve.